The national healthcare icon; Al Khalidi Hospital and Medical Center (KHMC) partnered with the world-renowned Influence healthcare International (IHI), a company that’s specialized in healthcare systems functioning faster, better, higher quality and less cost.
A strategic decision was made over the past two years to adopt a comprehensive hospital operations system transformation project called “Total Hospital Transformation” to achieve successful growth, ensure continuity and sustainability of its 40-year-old legacy, and to scale up its healthcare services. This initiative is the first of its kind in the region where it’s based on the pronounced Japanese philosophy of Toyota Production System. The main pillars for the system’s success are faster, accountable, lower cost and higher quality of services. This is led by KHMC frontline employees who are the champions of this success.
Total Hospital Transformation project was implemented through:
- Knowledge transfer of the methodology, guiding values and principles of the Toyota Production System (TPS). KHMC prides itself with its employees and culture who are the key drivers of this transformation.
- Implementation of the ‘Kaizen’ philosophy of continuous improvements.
- Building a Toyota – based Supply Chain Management System.
- Comprehensive transformation of the entire hospital operations, thus eliminating non-value adding process steps.
- Establishing a data-driven culture.
- Implement a Fully Automated Hospital Management System with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI) and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Creating ‘Patient Citizenship App’ that enables patients to take charge of their medical information and be in control of their care process.
- Developing the first interactive Insurance Management System using Blockchain Technology.
Our patients and community should start to see tangible changes prior to the first quarter of 2019 and KHMC will function at higher capacity, more specialized focused services at lower cost through:
- Enhancing efficiency, optimizing operational costs while delivering better quality care.
- Increase patient safety and better clinical outcome.
- Attract different types of potential revenue and advance up the profit curve.
- Position KHMC as the regional leader of this type of hospitals.
- Differentiated value of employment at KHMC.
- Ability to adapt to societal environment changes
The strategic partnership between both organizations is consistent in their shared mission to continually deliver the highest level of services to help support and improve healthcare. Both organizations are excited to combine the latest in digital innovation with leading patient care methodologies and look forward to innovating healthcare in the region upon the directives of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein